OverDrive app! -- FREE access to lots of ebooks and audiobooks

Have you ever heard of OverDrive? Do you use it, do you love it?

It's a program and free app I put on my phone a year ago that links to libraries. Through it I'm able to "borrow", download and listen to tons of audiobooks in the car when we're driving places. Whenever the kids are antsy it really helps to have a story to listen to! My kids have enjoyed The Boxcar Children series, Magic Treehouse, and most recently "Dear Mr Henshaw" by Beverly Cleary (we all enjoyed that one!).
I linked my account to the Army library system and to the Hawaii State library system. The Fort Shafter library staff helped me with the password so I could connect to the Army system (it seems that Army has the biggest selection of books available of all the branches). The Hickam library staff also helped me link with the Air Force system, although their selection is not as vast. Finally, the Salt Lake Library staff helped get me get rolling with the Hawaii State library system.


OverDrive also now has a second app "Libby" that lets you transfer books to your Kindle. See link below for libby.

https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/

I'd highly recommend trying these out! 💗🤙

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-3155612495653989" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wet n Wild in Kapolei!

Pu'u Ohulehule hike! (AKA pride rock)

Secret Island -- Gorgeous spot looking at Kualoa Ranch